The Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Knife Set is another quality knife set that’s 100% made and assembled in Japan.
The knives are made from Japanese 420J2 stainless steel using traditional Japanese knife-making techniques. Each knife is crafted from one solid piece of steel which is heated to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit then hammered into a blade using 3000 tons of force. From there, the knives are hand-sharpened by a blade master resulting in a balanced, razor sharp end product.
After sharpening, these knives are then fixed into heat and water resistant resin handles that are stylish, safe and gentle on your hands. The set also comes with an elegant bamboo block to store the knives in after hand washing them.
The Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Knife Set includes a 8” chef knife, 7” Santoku knife, 5” utility knife, 5” serrated utility knife, 4× 5” steak knives, 3.5” paring knife, kitchen shears and honing rod.
Features of the Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Japanese Steel Knife Set
- Durable razor sharp blades—The Ginsu Gourmet Chikara knives are made from full tang premium stainless steel blades that have been molded, heated and forged by the best blacksmiths in Japan. The blades are strong, sharp and extremely durable.
- Elegant and ergonomic handle design—The chikara knives resin handles that are stylish, durable and gentle on your hands. Well-designed hilts prevent your hands from slipping and promote good knife handling technique.
- The set includes a comprehensive selection of knives for varied cooking use cases.
- These knives are backed by a lifetime company warranty by the manufacturer
- Made from stainless steel, the blades of the knives are sharp and tough, making it easier for you to cut, chop and slice fruits and vegetables.
- Some customers have complained about that the knives are sensitive to rust when not maintained meticulously.
- Although these knives cut well when first received, some customers have complained that they don’t maintain their edge for very long.
- Some customers have complained about the price of these knives, stating that they’re very expensive.
Made from premium stainless steel materials, these knives are sharp, light and extremely comfortable to use.
Overall, the Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Knife Set is among the best kitchen knives to consider for all of your cooking tasks.
After reviewing the Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Knife Set, we noticed that some customers complained about the quality of these knives, stating that the knives didn’t maintain their sharpness for as long as expected.
As a result, we decided to review at least two more knife sets from the competition to give customers a chance to weigh the features before making their final move.
The Victorinox Swiss Classic 15-Piece Cutlery Block Set was the first set we reviewed. Made from high-carbon stainless steel, these blades are sharp and well balanced, making it easier for you to cut or slice different cooking ingredients.
There are 15 pieces available in this set and each is intended for a particular purpose. The pieces you’ll come across include a 4.5” serrated utility knife, 6× 4.5” steak knives, 3.25” straight paring knife, two chef knives, 8” bread knife and a 7” Santoku knife. Designed with handles made from Fibrox material, these knives are the best for customers looking for nothing but quality.
Next, we reviewed the Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 18-pc Block Set. Also made from High Carbon stainless steel material, these knives feature sharp, strong, well-balanced blades.
This set offers a total of 18 exclusive pieces which work together to accomplish all your slicing, mincing, chopping and cutting tasks. The handles are triple riveted and the available wooden block provides enough space for you to store the knives safely.
After a comprehensive review of all the three knife sets in this post, the Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Knife Set came out as the best set in the category.
Available with a total of 12 pieces, this set is made from premium Japanese stainless steel that allows the knives to maintain their sharpness for a long time. Regarded as the cheapest set in this category, this knife set is the best alternative for customers looking for both style and performance at a reasonable price.
In the second position, we reviewed the Victorinox Swiss Classic 15-Piece Cutlery Block Set. Available with a maximum of 15 pieces, this knife set is ideal for large kitchens, especially those in hotels and restaurants.
The pieces are made from carbon stainless steel to keep them sharp while boosting longevity through eliminating any possible rust. These knives are light and very luxurious, making them the best for high profile homes and hotels.
Lastly, we reviewed the Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 18-pc Block Set. Available with a total of 18 pieces, these knives are made from high carbon stainless steel material that allows the blades to maintain their sharpness for a long time.
These knives come with ergonomically designed handles that are gentle on your hands when cutting or slicing different ingredients. Available at an affordable price, these knives are the best for customers looking for nothing but quality.